Sunday 12 August 2007

Lurchery Birthdays

Saturday (that was yesterday) was my birthday. I was 12.

Tell me it's not so? I am still a young chap really...


And what's more, I share my birthday with KuBrin too, and he's only 5, which makes me feel doubly old...



Anyway - a double lurchery birthday calls for celebration, so the humans took me and QB down to the local shops to visit the butchers.


While we were there we met a little girly JRT, she was only 5 months old, I was completely cool with her, I like my women a little longer in the legs, but QB was terrified.


We went to the butchers, and while the Dogfather and QB and me stood outside for our adoring public to greet us, AlphaB went in to buy BONES.

When we got home Dad helped me out with a bit of marrowbone, it was yummy


Then he helped the other birthday boy


And just so as they did not feel left out the others got some too:


Tealeaf did not want any help with his marrowbone. He thinks he's tough.


Megan was actually allowed to have hers inside, which is a cheek cos I get shouted at if I take one indoors, the humans said it was because it was so hot and she is an old biddy.

The Dogfather tried to help her out with the marrowbone bit, but cos she is a silly old bint she thought he was stealing her bone and would not let him have it.


Then she worked out what was happening and was happy to have the marrow instead of the bone.


Maybe I don't mind birthdays after all, can I have another one tomorrow?

26 comments:

Nazila Merati said...

Bootsie,

As far as I'm concerned birthdays last all week, so you can enjoy another whole week of marrowbones and snuffles!

Smooches to you and QB!

nm

Lorenza said...

Hi, friends.
Happy Birthday Boots and Kubrin!
Sure you had a great day getting those marrowbones! That was a delicious celebration!
Have a good night
Lorenza

ernestpuppy said...

Ernest says that he's off to ebay to look for marrow spoons. TH says there is one in Berkeley, but he's looking for one in his pattern.

Spencer said...

Mmmm...marrowbones, what a splendid birthday treat! Happy birthday you 2!

Texas's Mum said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
To the both of you
I hope that you had a
FANTASTIC day.
The bones look yummy.

Love and Licks
Texas (and his humans).

Em said...

Mollie says "Happy Birthday boys!!!! You don't look 12, Boots!"

And from me - can I come and sit by your bookcase for a few hours/days please? There are a few there I haven't read...(covet, covet) :D

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

Happy Birthday Bootsie and Kubrin!

Bella said...

Happy barkday to Boots and Kubrin !!!
Are you really 12 human years old ?? Wow you don't look a day over 8 - you must be well cared for.
How nice of Dogfather to help with the marrow hmmm yum yum I lurve marrow and my little mouth & tongue is small enough to get to it myself - there are some advantages to being the smallest in the pack ;)

wally said...

Happy BURPDAY! I am with Ernest--birthdays are AT LEAST a week long. After all, your peeps really need to acknowledge the fine service you did for them in rescuing them.

Marrowbones and snuffles for ALL!

wally.

Anonymous said...

hi - got here thru Graham & Prince :)

we enjoy reading your blog, love the dogs!
Happy Birthday Boots & QB, great to see you enjoy that delicious marrowbone.

we've never tried that before here in Singapore!

Charlie said...

Happy Birthday, Boots and Kubrin! Looks like you had the perfect celebration.
- Charlie

joker the lurcher said...

happy birthday boys!

Veronica said...

Happy Birthday!!! We love you all!!!!

Woofs,
Finny and Mom

Johann The Dog said...

Now you are talking birthday presents! Marrow bones and just the best, You have a good Dad.

Johann

Misty DawnS said...

Happy Happy birthday! And don't worry, you don't look a day over 5!!!

Ferndoggle said...

Hey Boots! I'm twelve too but I didn't get no bones!! I'm going to have a talk to my people about this.

Happy Happy Day to you guys!!

sherman

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! What great pics. I love elkhounds! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great day it looked. Your pack are very lucky to have such great 'leaders'!

Lizzy said...

Happy birthday! All those bones look yummy... got any for me?

Sparky

Eddie N Peaches said...

Oh our dogness! That looks sooo good.
Happy Howlin Birthdays to you two!
Whoofs & Baroos,
Eddie & Peaches

The Brat Pack said...

We're late of course, but happy birthday!!!

What a great day!

Baron Von Woofer said...

happy (belated) birthday(s)!

Sophie Brador said...

Happy Birthday boys!!!! I love birthdays. I'll be home tomorrow and will celebrate just for you.

Urban Smoothie Read said...

so ur 12 already??
but v know ur young in d heart...

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Happy Birthday Bootsie!

I hope you had a lovely day, the bones looked amazing, and please wish Kubrin a Happy Barkday too from me!

love and licks, Marvin xxxxxxxx

Katherine and Pippa said...

we're even later than everyone else - but you look very young

Pippa and Kate